Come and work for us!
CURRENT VACANCIES: 1
User Researcher & Experience Designer
Permanent, full-time position
Mindwave Ventures (mindwaveventures.com) are rethinking, reshaping and redesigning how technology is used to create impact at scale within healthcare.
The team are seeking a UX designer with a strong background in user research to join the team full time. You will work closely with designers, users and clients to facilitate conversations and ensure the products we create are useful, usable and valuable.
Projects you could be working on
- Clinical assessment app for developing countries
- Personal health record platform for mental health services
- Software platform that facilitates discussions in hospital appointments
- Goal-setting app for employment services
You will work alongside our Lead Designer and collaborate with the team on all activities below.
- Conduct user research (in-depth interviews, designing surveys, collating and presenting results)
- Facilitate discovery, design and strategy workshops
- Write reports to consolidate the outputs, findings and recommendations
- Synthesise insights and identify user needs
- Translate user needs into user stories for development
- Map out user journeys and service blueprints
- Create clickable prototypes for user testing
- Engage with clients, presenting work to date and insights
- Design and create presentations, reports, style guides and assets
Must have skills and experience
- Confidence and experience facilitating conversations and workshops
- Experience designing and conducting face to face and remote user testing
- An interest in data and evidence and how to use it to improve products and processes
- Experience using Adobe Creative tools such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and Sketch
- Experience of creating interactive experiences for apps (mobile & tablet) and web (mobile, tablet and desktop)
- Solid understanding of UX principles
- Incredible attention to detail
- On top of the latest digital trends and standards, including accessibility principles
- Able to work remotely as an individual as well as in a team setting
Desirable Skills and experience
- Have worked in an Agile environment
- Experience across multiple user testing tools and platforms
- Have used a wide variety of user research and testing methods - e.g. in-depth interviews, surveys, workshops, remote testing, analysis
- Data visualisation experience is a bonus, but not a must
To apply, please send us:
- CV - showing your key skills, interests and personality
- Short cover letter - why is working at Mindwave right for you?
- Portfolio of UX and UI – showcasing a select number of projects that show your work in the field.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com.